On April 19, the CVS Health new collaboration with Aetna to help deliver cost-effective, accessible and easy health care. “The Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health is a first-of-its-kind plan offering that will deliver CVS Health and Aetna’s combined capabilities in the Southern California market to help members access care when and where they need it — and at a lower cost than a traditional plan,” – CVS writes.
The plan combines Aetna’s cost-saving HMO performance networks in Southern California with access to expanded services at CVS Pharmacy. Members can enjoy peace of mind with quality in-network providers and convenient access to pharmacy services in their neighborhood, including 25 CVS HealthHUB locations and more than 500 CVS Pharmacy locations (many of which include a MinuteClinic) in Southern California.
Aetna Connected Plan
Quoting is available now for Select Accounts (101 to 300 employees) with July 2021 and later effective dates.
To illustrate better coordinated care with the Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health:
- Access to Pharmacist Panel — personalized counseling for high-risk members, so pharmacists can introduce them to resources and options for care.
- A member can book an appointment at a MinuteClinic to ask questions about chronic conditions, such as diabetes.
- At CVS HealthHUB locations, a concierge — who assists customers by helping them navigate health care services and products — can also connect the member to a MinuteClinic or other network provider, who can consult with the member’s primary care physician and prescribe medication, as needed, that can be picked up in the store.
- Information from the MinuteClinic visit can then be sent to the member’s network provider.
- The member’s prescription has 90-day refills and the member can set their preferences to have it delivered directly to their door for free.
- The plans provide greater choice for our members. In addition to CVS, the Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health includes the option to choose other retail pharmacies.
“The combination of CVS and Aetna supports members on their health care journey through a new innovative health care model that is more connected, convenient and affordable,” said Kristen Miranda, Senior Vice President, Markets, Aetna. “The Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health is helping us deliver on that promise. It brings together the combined assets of our medical, pharmacy and retail (i.e. MinuteClinic, HealthHUB locations, retail stores) businesses, allowing members to get the care they need, where and when they need it.”
Additional CVS Health Services
“It’s all about using our expanded capabilities to create more value for employers, through more personalized engagement, greater access to care and reduced health plan costs, while delivering a better, more supportive experience for members,” said Miranda. “The plan creates greater access, lower costs and more connected care for consumers.” Additional CVS Health services include:
- $0 copay at in-network walk-in clinics, including MinuteClinic
- Free CVS Pharmacy 1-2-day delivery on eligible Rx and select retail items
- 20% off select CVS Health-branded health and wellness products
- Access to Aetna Managed Pharmacy Network, CVS Specialty pharmacy and Coram home infusion services
Aetna, a CVS Health business, serves an estimated 34 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental and behavioral health plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services.