A physician who provides long-term, comprehensive care in the office and the hospital, managing both common and complex illness of adolescents, adults and the elderly. Internists are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, infections and diseases affecting the heart, blood, kidneys, joints and digestive, respiratory and vascular systems. They are also trained in the essentials of primary care internal medicine, which incorporates an understanding of disease prevention, wellness, substance abuse, mental health and effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system and reproductive organs.
An internist who has special knowledge of the aging process and special skills in the diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and rehabilitative aspects of illness in the elderly. This specialist cares for geriatric patients in the patient's home, the office, long-term care settings such as nursing homes and the hospital.
An internal medicine physician with special knowledge and skills to prevent and relieve the suffering experienced by patients with life-limiting illnesses. This specialist works with an interdisciplinary hospice or palliative care team to maximize quality of life while addressing physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of both patient and family throughout the course of the disease, through the dying process, and beyond for the family. This specialist has expertise in the assessment of patients with advanced disease; the relief of distressing symptoms; the coordination of interdisciplinary patient and family-centered care in diverse venues; the use of specialized care systems including hospice; the management of the imminently dying patient; and legal and ethical decision making in end-of-life care.
Hospitalists are physicians whose primary professional focus is the general medical care of hospitalized patients. Their activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to Hospital Medicine. The term 'hospitalist' refers to physicians whose practice emphasizes providing care for hospitalized patients.
Nearby Internal Medicine Physicians
- ELIZABETH MARY STRAUCH 1905 Holcombe Blvd (0.0 Miles)
- JOANNA K IRA 1905 Holcombe Blvd (0.0 Miles)
- HOUSTON HOSPICE PHYSICIANS 1905 Holcombe Blvd (0.0 Miles)
- SUSAN ELAINE KRAUTER 1905 Holcombe Blvd (0.0 Miles)
- JOHN DANIEL KELLY 2002 Holcombe Blvd (0.17 Miles)
- BEN TAUB GENERAL HOSPITAL PHARMACY 1504 Taub Loop (0.32 Miles)
- BAYLOR TEEN HEALTH CLINIC- BEN TAUB 1504 Taub Loop (0.32 Miles)
- TEXAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL - SPECIALTY PHARMACY 1250 Moursund Street (0.37 Miles)
- UNIV OF TEXAS MD ANDERSON CANCER CENTER 1515 Holcombe Boulevard (0.4 Miles)
- The Pharmacy Transformation: From Manual Dispensing to Patient-Centered Care
- Pharmacy-Near-Me.com Significantly Expands Doctor Search Tool, Adding Over 790,000 Provider Addresses
- When Should You Really Go to the Dentist?
- Difficulties of writing a healthcare research paper
- Future of Pharmacy
- Top Pharmacy School Scholarships in 2023
- Pharmacy near me – search term in the US
- The Impact of Healthcare Data on Pharmacies in the United States
- Issues with machine-readable data in the US healthcare industry