Face masks are one tool used for preventing the spread of illness. They may also be called dental, isolation, laser, medical, procedure, or surgical masks. Wearing a medical mask with comfort may help you to avoid some irritating effects during the quarantine.
Respiratory droplets can transmit severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) over a short-range or through direct contact with infected tissues. Wearing a mask offers protection against SARS. If you have a respiratory tract infection, it also helps limit the range of the disease. Surgical masks, if properly worn, are useful in preventing the spread of droplet diseases.
Face masks are loose-fitting masks that cover the nose and mouth and have ear loops or bonds or bands at the back of the head. There are many different brands, and they come in various colors. It is necessary to apply a face mask recommended by the FDA.
With all the hassle of COVID-19, humanity is currently searching the ways of survival. One of the necessary items to consider is mask-wearing. There are dozens of questions on how to wear them and take maximum benefits.
Some of the patients claim that medical masks rub their ears and wonder if there are any practical hints on avoiding harming their health. We have collected several tips for you from the professional nurses on how to wear a medical mask.
Hints On Wearing A Medical Mask With Comfort:
1. Use cotton
You can put some cloth or cotton on the mask straps where they touch your ears. This modest but highly efficient method can stop your ears from rubbing towards the straps and bring you a better mood.
2. Use a paperclip to connect a medical mask straps
Try to connect straps of the mask by the paperclip below on your neck. In such a way, you even can’t touch ears, but a cover will be fixed and will never drop from your face.
3. Use your hair pin
You can fix a mask on your clasp, especially when you wear a ponytail. Just tie straps around the hairpin and enjoy the way you are protected from rubbing your ears.
4. Use buttons on a headband
Some of the patients wear a medical mask as a headband. They sew buttons on the sweatbands and do not break their ears anymore.
These and other ways can significantly assist your current mask-wearing. Besides, we have other tips from the World Health Organization (WHO) on how to use a mask beneficially.
- Before setting on a mask, wash your hands properly with alcohol-based hand sanitizer (not less than 80% of alcohol) or soap and water;
- Close your mouth and nose with a mask when you go outside. Make sure there are no breaks between your face and the cover.
- Avoid touching the mask while handling it; if you do, wash your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is wet and do not reuse single-use covers (try to use a mask not more than two-three hours)
- To get rid of the hood, you should remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the cover); drop quickly in a closed bin.
- Choose the proper mask size. Child size is ready for determination, as designated.
- Perform hand hygiene before starting to use on a surgical mask.
- The surgical mask should fit snugly over the face.
Stop Infection Acquisition
Hand hygiene is one of the most potent ways to prevent acquiring and increasing respiratory illnesses. Wash your hands often. Try not to touch your nose, eyes, or mouth before moving your hands. Avoid close communication with others who are suffering. Clean home covers and objects with wipes or cleansing spray when possible. If you become ill, stay home to avoid getting other characters sick.